Friday, July 15, 2011

Spicy Veggie Stir Fry

My in-laws usually spend sundays with us and this is when I try to impress them with my cooking. Last sunday I just tossed whatever vegetable there was on the fridge and added a couple of my "kitchen arsenal" (eg, sesame oil, oyster sauce and hoisin). Hubby isn't much of a herbivore but, just my luck, he was in the mood for veggies (very rare occasion) and "something chinese-tasting". This is probably one of the most simple dishes I've ever came up with.

Ingredients:
1 tsp chili oil
young corn, chopped
carrots, sliced into matchstick pieces
turnip, sliced into matchstick pieces
mushrooms
baguio petchay, chopped
oyster sauce
hoisin sauce
sesame oil


Procedure:
In a very hot wok, pour chili oil; add veggies;

Pour oyster sauce and hoisin sauce (I just eyeball the portions); add water as needed;
add a dash of sesame oil



What do you consider part of your kitchen arsenal?

No comments:

Post a Comment