Saturday, December 31, 2011

Chicken Alexander

I found this recipe years ago from one of Auntie Em's cookbooks but for some reason I didn't write down the name of this dish. 
I have made this several times already, usually during Christmas or family reunions and whenever I'm asked
what I'll be preparing for the potluck I would simply say
"the baked chicken with mixed veggies and mashed potatoes on top".
It was only a couple of days ago that I learned what this recipe is called!
When asked by Auntie Em what I'd be cooking this year I told her my usual answer and she said "Oh, you mean Chicken Alexander?"
Oh, so that's what it's called!
Thanks for telling me --- after 15 years!

Anyway, let me share you the recipe. Obviously, its been a family favorite for a long time and I'm hoping it would be yours too.


sorry about the sloppy photo!
I forgot to take a picture before everybody dug in
 Ingredients:
1 kilo chicken breast fillet, cooked and shredded
2 cups medium vegetables
1 medium onion
1 tbsp butter
2 cans Campbell's cream of mushroom soup
1 cup cheese, shredded
1 cup quickmelt cheese, shredded
1.5 - 2 kilos mashed potatoes

Procedure:
In a heated pan, cook onions in butter
Add mixed vegetables and shredded chicken
Pour cream of mushrooms and mix well
Add shredded cheese, mix until it melts
Season with salt and pepper

Pour chicken and vegetable mixture onto a bake dish
Top with mashed potatoes
Bake at about 180 for about 30 minutes

1 comment:

  1. I think I've cooked every chicken recipe I know. This is a different one. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete