Sunday, July 3, 2011

cream dory with sweet soy and ginger sauce

Here's a recipe I tried out recently. It is based on a Vietnamese dish which I tweaked a bit. What can I say...it was a hit! Not only did my in-laws love it, my 1.4 year old even asked for seconds!


Ingredients:
1 package cream dory
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 small ginger, sliced
3 cloves minced garlic
1/2 cup light kikoman
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 cup water
cornstrach dissolved in water
sesame oil
spring onions chopped




Procedure:
Heat oil in pan, add ginger and garlic.
Mix together kikoman, sugar and water, add to pan and let it simmer
In a separate pan, poach fish (I do this extra step to prevent the grimy foam from forming on the sauce)
Pour cronstarch mixture onto pan with kikoman until slightly thickened
Add poached fish
Add a few drops of sesame oil, sprinkle with spring onions

No comments:

Post a Comment