Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Lemongrass Salabat

I'm nursing a cold and a sore throat. I'm pretty sure i got this from my little guy. The previous week had been brutal for both of us. No worries. He's alot better now. As for me, as long as my little boy is a-ok I'll be fine.


Anyway, our little lemongrass plant isn't so little anymore. We take advantage of how abundant they have become by adding the leaves to whatever recipe we can use it with such as chicken tinola, sinigang and arroz caldo. My dad just boils the leaves and drinks it like iced tea. I heard that lemongrass has numerous health benefits and is capable of combatting cold and flu.

Here's a little variation of the salabat. I think the lemongrass adds a little dimension to the taste of ginger.


Ingredients:
ginger root
lemongrass
honey
slice of lemon


Procedure:
Boil ginger and lemongrass. Add honey to taste. Serve with a slice of lemon

No comments:

Post a Comment