Sunday, October 2, 2011

hand embroidered pillow


This small pillow is free style, hand-embroidery project that I did more than ten years ago, to help me de-stress while reviewing for the dental board exam. It was something I did to help me take my mind off anything related to dentistry. My study routine started at exactly 7am and ended by 11pm (or until sawa), with only a 30 minute break for each meal plus a (liberal) rest period from 1-2 pm that I allowed myself either for a nap or to watch Oprah. Whenever Oprah would win over nap time I would also be working on this project. The entire pillow case (including the pillow), each stitch of the embroidery and the little pearl bead work was made during commercials breaks. 
  

I was really flattered when hubby's (then boyfriend) mom and sisters all thought that it was machine embroidered and even thought hubby was lying when he said that I sewed everything by hand.  
Forgive me if I sound self-glorious but I really am proud of this project and would consider this an heirloom piece. I'm not sure if I could make another project as intensive as this --- I hardly have the time not to mention the patience (I'd rather save both for my little toddler)!

3 comments:

  1. you should really be proud! you have the hands for crafts talaga. so admirable! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beauty!!! pang heirloom piece talaga :)
    -nawie sis rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. hellow fellow N@wies!

    thanks for your kind words

    ReplyDelete