Saturday, September 17, 2011

top 100 children's books of all time!

Maqui's blog post got me all excited. For those who do not know, I have been collecting children's books years before I had a baby. Although majority of the books are about teeth or dentists I have also acquired several books that I thought my future child would love and therefore, do not necessarily fall under the former category. 

We have 8 books out of the 100 on the list. Five out the the ones we have were bought for a fraction of the original price (hurray for Booksale!). 


I really regret now more than ever that I have lost several of my books because of the Ondoy flood 2 years ago. Among those that were lost are "Where the Wild Things Are" by Maurice Sendak, "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle and "Someday" by Alison McGhee (even had a special order for this from Power Books!) Hopefully, I could replace those books soon and I'm crossing fingers that those titles find their way to my favorite Booksale branch :)

I am quite surprised, though, that "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery didnt make it the top 100. Anyway, list or no list my son's favorite bedtime read at the moment is "Goodnight Moon" by Margaret Wise Brown and I absolutely adore "How to Catch a Star" by  Oliver Jeffers (thanks Chloe!) and "I Already know I Love You" by Billy Crystal.

No comments:

Post a Comment