Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Three Cheese Spinach Crisps

This is a little experiment that I made with the left over cheeses that we had from new year's media noche. 
I asked hubby to drop by the grocery and get some spinach.
Being the veggie repelling person that he is, he only got literally just a handful. After blanching and squeezing out the excess water,
all I had was a jackstone ball sized amount and
I was truly tempted to add magunggay as an extender! hahaha!
Good thing we had a small can of mushrooms. So I used that instead.
We also have a bottle of artichoke hearts which I think will go well with this dish but I'm saving that for another recipe.

Anyway, here's what I did:
step 1: saute minced onions, spinach and mushrooms in olive oil and season with salt and pepper 

 

step 2: scoop a small amount of the vegetable mixture
onto siomai wrapper

step 3: sprinkle cheese on top
(I used feta, roquefort and cheddar)


step 4: fold siomai wrapper over and seal
step 5: deep fry until golden brown


Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment