Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pan Fried Curried Fish Fillet with Grilled Vegetables

A Nepalese classmate way back from my residency days taught me a recipe almost just like this. Her recipe, however, requires garam masala and lamb. The contents of the spice jar that she gave me has long been consumed and I have tried to concoct my own version of her recipe. I'm not as crazy about lamb as my husband so I have always tried it with chicken. Anyway, my husband just recently had one of his occasional craving for anything with curry. We ran out of chicken so I tried using cream dory fillet instead. It turned out a little dry and will have to remind myself to lessen the cooking time next time. Other than that I think it is a good alternative to chicken.      

Ingredients:
Fish fillet
Yogurt
Garlic, minced
Curry powder
Turmeric
Paprika
Lemon juice
Salt
Pepper
Olive oil
Cilantro, chopped

Procedure:
Combine yogurt, garlic, spices, lemon juice, salt and pepper.  
Pat fish fillets with a towel and marinate for 15-30 minutes.
Heat olive oil in a pan. Slide in fish fillets. Turn and remove from pan when cooked.
Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Serve with yogurt-garlic dressing* and grilled vegetables.**

*
Yogurt-garlic dressing:
Combine yogurt and minced garlic.
Season with salt.

**
Grilled vegetables:
Pour olive oil over mixed vegetables (mushroom, zucchini, eggplant, bell pepper, onion).
Season with salt and pepper.
Insert barbeque sticks through vegetables and grill.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. this look good! love how the plating looking so put together...parang pang restaurant ang dating. so professional looking. thanks!

    marela

    ReplyDelete