Friday, January 11, 2013

Baked Potato Boats

Hello, everyone! How have you been doing? I have been wanting to blog about this recipe since the first day of 2013 but i had little technical issues with blogger (couldn't upload any photos! How annoying is that?). I figured out a way (whew! For a moment there I thought I had to move this little bog of mine somewhere else). Anyway, let us move on and finally allow me to share this recipe. Well, talk about favorites! This potato dish has been a crowd pleaser and a frequent potluck preparation since the first time I ever made this --- 20 years ago! Kids love it too.
 
Ingredients:
Large potatoes
Butter (about a tablespoon)
Salt and pepper
Grated cheese
Sliced mushrooms
Crispy cooked bacon
 
Procedure:
Boil potatoes. once cool enough to handle, cut in half and hollow out potatoes as such as you can without tearing the skins.
Mash potatoes to desired consistency (I like them on the smooth side but my sister prefer them to be a little chunky).
Add a little butter and grated cheese.
Season with salt and pepper. 
Scoop mashed potatoes back on to the hollowed out skins.
Top with more grated cheese and mushrooms. Sprinkle bacon bits.
Bake in a preheated oven until cheese melts.
 
Note: If you won't be serving them right away, add the bacon on the last minute to make sure it remains crispy
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment