Thursday, January 31, 2013

Old Sweater Makeover

I have been itching to make more stenciling projects like the ones that I did (as gifts) during the holidays. I have already finished working on ALL of Alonzo's (as well as hubby's!)white shirts and they literally do not have any plain shirts available thanks to my current crafting obsession (fabric dyeing comes to a close second). However, although this activity can be really addicting my mind still cannot convince my body to do the extra effort to go to Divi  -- where shirts (and practically everything else) are way cheaper -- and purchase them wholesale. 
 
 
This nagging obsession to stencil didn't spare mt Dad's old (circa 1984) sweater. It's so old that the neckline is all frayed. Anyway, the procedure for this heart stencil is way easier than having to use a cutter or X-Acto knife.

Step 1: Simply fold freezer paper (or in my case, sticker paper)in half and cut half half a heart.

Step 2: Unfold pattern, unpeel sticker paper and position in place over fabric of choice.


Step 3: Place a piece of newspaper or cardboard at the insides to prevent fabric paint from smearing through the fabric.
 
Step 4: With a brush or foam sponge apply fabric paint.
 


Step 5: Let it dry and unpeel.


Please pardon the stiff, awkward pose. Eekkk!

No comments:

Post a Comment