Sunday, December 30, 2012

Simple Joys

We are back from our 5 day pre-Christmas vacay in Camiguin. Things have been a little hectic and our body clocks still have not yet gone back to its old rhythm.
We have been mostly "on the go" during our vacation, travelling for most of the day on our last day -- from Camiguin to Cagayan by boat, back and forth from Cagayan to Bukidnon by land and then to Manila. In Manila, after a quick stop-over to my parents' place we went to my in-laws' for an early Christmas dinner. Needless to say, we were dead tired for noche buena!
Had it not been for the Christmas day family reunion that we were hosting we would have slept the whole day!

Don't get me wrong. It's been a lot of fun. Both our vacation and the family reunion. It may have been crazy hectic but nonetheless still a lot of fun. However, although it has been a couple of days after our body clocks still have not adjusted. Its like having jet lag. Apparently, it can occur without travelling through time zones.

And although I always look forward to the feverish frenzy that usually afflicts everyone (at least those whom I know) during this time of the year it is during the week between Christmas and the new year that I often find myself longing for a little quiet time.

I have been promising myself to make time to enjoy a couple of good reads. It hasn't been easy. Work (and whole lot more!) tends to get in the way and instead of reading for leisure it becomes work-related. Most of the time it annoys me that the side table in our room holds my textbooks and notes! That reminds me. I have a couple of modifications to make on my handouts and power point lectures...ugh! Well, I guess, those will have to wait. At least for a while.

 
Obviously, I won't be able to finish this book within a few minutes (that's all the time that I have) but at least that's all I need to enjoy it with a good cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment