Friday, May 17, 2013

Children's Book for Moms

This may be a late Mother's day post but I am excited to let you know about these 2 Filipino children's books for moms that I realy like.
 
 
This first one is "Hold on Tight" by Peachy Conception.
I bought this before I even became a mom. It is such an endearing and touching story about a mom who suddenly realizes that her son is all grown up.
 
The other book is "Inay, Inaay Ko!" by Segundo Matias.
The story revolves around a boy who wonders to himself why his friends always cry out for their moms. He suddenly finds himself shouting out for his own mom when his school gets all flooded and was put in danger.  
 
I tried to read both books to Alonzo but he said that the stories makes him sad. The little guy is becoming more and more expressive of his feelings right now. He tells us that riding his bike makes him happy and that he gets upset whenever his friends play with his toys without asking.
 
I have a couple of books lined up for me to read to him. At the moment he loves to stick to his favorites: "Guess How Much I Love You", "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom", "I Like It When", etc.. and I could not get past the first few pages of the books I want to introduce to him.   
"The Gruffalo" by Julia Donaldson and "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" by Judi Barrett, he said, make him scared while 
Virginia Lee Burton's "The Little House", Don Freeman's "Curduroy" make him sad. I find it amazing how books could affect a child's emotion.
Hmm...I wonder what "A Wrinkle in Time" would make him feel?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment