Saturday, February 9, 2013

Simple Joys

A few weeks ago, my little one and I spent a few hours at Bonifacio High Street.
 
It was our first date together. Is it odd that we have never been out on our own -- ever? Somehow the thought of only the two of us going out never crossed my mind...Consciously (or subconsciously) I never even considered the idea...
 
Perhaps I also never felt the need to. When I'm not at work I am most of the time at home with my son and whenever we do go out (which is not that often) we go as a family, all three of us.
 
 

That day though I simply felt the urge to spend a few hours away home with my son. High Street was the obvious place to go to because the little guy looooves Jumba Juice (can't you tell from the photo?) and also run around the open space.


Alonzo had so much fun and didn't want to leave just yet and asked if we could make a "quick" stop at Fully Booked. Don't ask me why but he enjoys to stop by bookstores and "browse" through some of the books. He is not yet at the stage when kids would usually ask for things to be bought for them so he is usually content by simply being allowed to touch and open the books. Oh, he also asks me to read the books for him but I never get to finish reading a story for him -- he keeps asking for a new and different book before I get to the end of the story.  

Needless to say, we both had fun. Quite honestly, I was also surprised at how well behaved and "manageble" he was on our day out! Tsk, tsk... I realize that I sometimes tend to underestimate the little guy. He held up really well and I am really proud.
I really should plan more dates such as this.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment