Monday, February 13, 2012

Matching Mommy and Son Clothes

When Alonzo was just about 3 months old
(this post is obviously long over due) 
I had matching mommy and son outfits made for us
-- tops for me and shorts for the little guy

Alonzo at 3 months

Since I wanted Alonzo to be able to wear the shorts for a long time
I deliberately had them made to fit a toddler
(I just folded the hems and adjusted the garters
so my then 3-month old could already wear them). 

Alonzo at Vasco's birthday, at 4 months


A couple of weeks ago, for some reason (terrible two's, perhaps?)
Alonzo suddenly refused to wear anything with zippers. 
He has outgrown most of his gartered shorts and pants.
Good thing he could still wear our matching shorts!


We've been quite known at the pedia clinic for our matching outfits and we often get asked if hubby has his matching outfit, too. 
Unfortunately, hubby refuses to have anything to do with it.
He said we might end up looking like we've come from a scene
from the "Sound of Music" (hmp!).

Alonzo at 6 months
Anyway, I know it is only a matter of time before the little guy 
refuses to wear anything that I'll try to put on him and
obviously, we couldn't wear matching outfits forever!
But in the mean time I'm trying to make the most out of the
little time that I have.

5 comments:

  1. they're so nice irene! did you make them yourself? i'm just assuming because with a talent like yours, i'm sure you'll definitely pull off making these nice matching outfits. i hope i know how to make dresses for me and my little girl, too. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, lanie! thank you!

    i wish i could claim that i made these myself. hahaha! i asked a modista make them for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! love the terno outfits :) I'm sure the cloth is super soft too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, em! they're made of 100% cotton :)

    ReplyDelete

  5. Hey,
    Really enjoyed reading your post. It’s amazing ! Thank you for sharing with us :)


    Regards

    Apu

    mommy & me swimsuits

    ReplyDelete