Thursday, February 16, 2012

Empty Baby Powder Can Piggy Bank

I remember how my yaya used to make coin banks
either out of empty baby powder containers or
plastic bottles of isopropyl alcohol 
just by creating a slit on top.

 

Hubby used to do the same, too and since
Alonzo's piggy bank 
is nearly full I created one for him.
I decided to "pretty things up" a bit with a little spray paint and a marker pen.  


This literally only takes a few minutes to make.
Honestly, the "hardest" part was waiting for the paint to dry!
I have to tell you though that the labels will
still show through after painting. 
They won't get entirely covered by the paint
unless you scratch them off.


I didn't bother doing this extra step but
I think our "new" piggy bank still looks adorably cute! 


1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.Hand painted piggy bank

    ReplyDelete