Sunday, February 2, 2014

Stir-fried Peppers

Let my first post for the month of February be a fiery one. Well, this recipe isn't exactly hot and spicy as it seems. These peppers are actually sweet-tasting. My mom and aunts went on a road trip to Ilocos recently and brought these as pasalubong. These chilies have a strong resemblance to finger chilies (also called siling pangsigang or siling haba) but taste nothing like them. They have a subtle sweet and nutty flavor -- kind of like Baguio beans. At the market place in Ilocos they are simply called "sweet peppers". I can't exactly say that I have never seen anything like these peppers before...as I just said they do look like the regular, green sili used for our sinigang recipes but I am certain that these are not available here (at least at the local palengke or talipapa where we shop). Those 2 varieties look so much alike that it is likely that the one piece hubby picked with his fork was a "stray" as he was the only (unfortunate) person who instinctively reached for a pitcher of water (I'm not kidding!). Anyway, if you do come across some sweet peppers get some and try this simple recipe. It might just be worth the risk!

Ingredients:
Sweet peppers
Olive oil
Garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste

Procedure:
Heat oil in a medium heat pan. Add garlic and brown them a little. Set aside. Toss in peppers and cook for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat. Add cooked garlic and serve.

Enjoy!              

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    It has been some time since I visited website with such high quality information about regarding . Thank you so much for providing such helpful information. This is really informative and I will for sure refer my friends the same. Thanks

    ReplyDelete