Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Grilled Eggplant Parmigiana


The eggplants from our garden always turn out so small. I wonder why? Do they belong to a certain variety or are we doing something wrong. I try to wait a little longer before harvesting to give them more time to grow. My father-in-laws, however, says that once the skins become glossy they will stop getting larger. Overripe eggplants will turn hard and bitter. Let me just say that they do look adorably cute... but a little too cute to eat. My father-in-law still uses them for his pinakbet though.
 

 
Anyway, let us just pretend that these eggplants are the ones from OUR garden, okay?
    

 
Ingredients:
Eggplants, sliced lengthwise
Jar of ready-made pomodoro sauce
Mozzarella
 
The procedure is fairly simple. Instead of frying the eggplants I prefer to grill them until they become soft. Pour pomodoro sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella. Pop them in the microwave until the cheese melts.  
 
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment