Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sundried tomatoes, tuyo paste and cheese bread spread

I was on my way home from work and dropped by the grocery feeling tired thinking of just purchasing something for dinner. I wasn't looking forward to cooking after a long day at work and I also suspected hubby wasn't in the mood either.  My mind was deliberating between Spanish sardines and instant noodles. A small bread stall caught my attention and I instantly remembered a small, unopened jar of sundried tomatoes at the fridge. "Bread nalang tayo 4 dinner ha" read a text message sent to hubby and his "K" reply sealed the deal, so to speak. 

And so here is what we had for dinner that night....



I just got to tell you how yummy this recipe is that I could hardly stop myself from eating for this
photo. Its so easy, too. Simply spread sundried tomato over crusty bread, top with cheese and pop it in the oven toaster until the cheese gets all melted and goo-ey. We also happened to have a little leftover tuyo paste so I added that to the spread and a drizzle of garlic and chili oil (a pasalubong from Mama) wasn't a bad idea either. 
Y-U-M-M-Y!

No comments:

Post a Comment