Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Healthy Oatmeal Banana Cookies

It is quite a struggle for me to keep my son from eating unhealthy foods. You may already know that yogurt had been his favorite snack for a while until the time he suddenly developed an unliking (is this a valid word?) or distaste for it. Little did I know that his preference had shifted towards ice-cream that his Lolo had been giving him behind my back! I could also only watch in horror (alright, I'm exaggerating a bit here) as my in-laws handed over a box of Krispy Kreme to Alonzo as pasalubong.
 
That's why I was more than delighted to have discovered this recipe.  I tweaked it a bit so that it requires only 2 ingredients: quick cooling oatmeal and bananas. Yup, that's it! The original recipe used 2 medium bananas. What we had available were bananas of the Lakatan variety that were on the small-ish side, so I used 4 pieces instead. 
 
 
Procedure:
Mash bananas and combine with 1 cup oats.
Drop 1 tbsp of the mixture on to a greased cookie sheet and place in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. 
 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment